Researchers of the natural sciences
- Borlaug, Norman - Agricultural scientist, the "father of the Green Revolution"
- Dawkins, Richard - British zoologist, author of The Selfish Gene
- Franklin, Benjamin - 18th century American printer, inventor and statesman
- Milsted, Carl S., Jr. - Physicist, author, libertarian theoretical activist (self-described)
- Mullis, Kary B. - 1993 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for invention of the Polymerase Chain Reaction method
- Pauling, Linus - Nobel Prize for Chemistry (1954) and Peace (1962)
- Ruwart, Mary J. - Pharmaceutical research scientist, author of Healing Our World, 2008 LP presidential aspirant