"An actor is a person who acts, or plays a role, in an artistic production. The term commonly refers to someone working in movies, television, live theatre, or radio, and can occasionally denote a street entertainer. Besides playing dramatic roles, actors may also sing or dance or work only on radio or as a voice artist. A female actor may be known as an actress, although the term "actor", is also used as a gender-neutral term. ..."
Performers on film, television or plays
- Allen, Woody - American director, actor and screenwriter, won Best Director Oscar for Annie Hall
- Cameron, Dean - Film and TV actor, starred in Ski School movies
- Carey, Drew - American stand-up comedian, current host of "The Price Is Right"
- Carter, Dixie - Film, stage and TV actress, starred in the TV series "Designing Women"
- Chong, Tommy - Comedian, partner with Cheech Marin in Cheech and Chong
- Christie, Julie - British Oscar-winning actress, portrayed Lara in Doctor Zhivago
- Eastwood, Clint - Movie actor and Oscar-winning director and producer
- Galloway, Don - TV and film actor, played Detective Ed Brown on the TV series "Ironside"
- Garner, James - American film and TV actor
- Guinness, Alec - Oscar-winning English stage and film actor
- Herrmann, Edward - Film, stage and television actor
- Lail, Leah - TV and film actress, played Kay Simmons in the TV series "V.I.P."
- Larroquette, John B. - Television actor, winner of Emmy awards for "Night Court"
- Leary, Denis - Stand-up comedian, TV and film actor, producer
- Margot, Sandra - Married name of former pornographic actress and wrestler Tyfanny Million
- McGoohan, Patrick - American-born TV and film actor, creator of the British TV series "The Prisoner"
- McKern, Leo - Australian-born English film, TV and stage actor
- Means, Russell - American Indian Movement activist, actor, singer
- Million, Tyfanny@ - Professional name of former porn actress Sandra Margot
- Reagan, Ronald - Hollywood actor, fortieth President of the United States
- Ruprecht, David - Host of the "Supermarket Sweep" game show
- Russell, Kurt - Film actor, played Snake Plissken in the Escape From New York/L.A. movies
- Selleck, Tom - Film and TV actor, starred in TV series "Magnum, P.I."
- Sellers, Peter - British comedian and actor, best known as the original Inspector Cloiseau
- Walker, Jimmie - Actor and comedian, famous for the phrase "Dyn-o-mite!"
- Weaving, Hugo - Film and stage actor, known for The Matrix, V for Vendetta, The Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit
- Wheaton, Wil - Film and TV actor, played Wesley Crusher in "Star Trek: The Next Generation"
Actor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia