The terms place and location in geography are used to identify a point or an area on the Earth's surface or elsewhere. The term location generally implies a higher degree of certainty than place, the latter often indicating an entity with an ambiguous boundary, relying more on human or social attributes of place identity and sense of place than on geometry.
- Kansas - The Sunflower State
- Kazakhstan - Territory in west central Asia, ruled since 1991 by the Qazaqstan Respublïkası
- Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
- Kenya - Territory in east central Africa, ruled since 1964 by the Republic of Kenya
- Korea, North - Territory in northeast Asia, nominally ruled since 1948 by the Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
- Korea, South - Territory in northeast Asia, ruled since 1948 by the Daehanminguk
- Kuwait - Territory in the northeast Arabian Peninsula, ruled since 1961 by the Dawlat al-Kuwait
- Kyrgyzstan - Territory in west central Asia, ruled since 1991 by the Kyrgyz Respublikasy
The introductory paragraph uses material from the Wikipedia article "Location" as of 12 Sep 2018, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.