The terms place and location in geography are used to identify a point or an area on the Earth's surface or elsewhere. The term location generally implies a higher degree of certainty than place, the latter often indicating an entity with an ambiguous boundary, relying more on human or social attributes of place identity and sense of place than on geometry.
- Dakota, North - The Peace Garden State
- Dakota, South - The Mount Rushmore State
- Delaware - Motto: Liberty and Independence - ratified Constitution 7 Dec 1787
- Denmark - Territory in northen Europe, ruled since 1953 by the Kongeriget Danmark
- Dominican Republic - Territory in the island of Hispaniola in the Caribbean Sea, ruled since 1961 by the República Dominicana
- Dubai - Metropolis and capital city of the Emirate of Dubai
The introductory paragraph uses material from the Wikipedia article "Location" as of 12 Sep 2018, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.