The terms place and location in geography are used to identify a point or an area on the Earth's surface or elsewhere. The term location generally implies a higher degree of certainty than place, the latter often indicating an entity with an ambiguous boundary, relying more on human or social attributes of place identity and sense of place than on geometry.
- Venezuela - Territory in northern South America, ruled since 1999 by the República Bolivariana de Venezuela
- Vermont - The Green Mountain State
- Vienna - Capital of Austria
- Vietnam - Territory in southeast Asia, ruled since 1976 by the Cộng hòa xã hội chủ nghĩa Việt Nam
- Virginia - The Old Dominion - ratified Constitution 23 Jun 1788
- Virginia, West - Motto: Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers Are Always Free)
The introductory paragraph uses material from the Wikipedia article "Location" as of 12 Sep 2018, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.