Continents, countries, cities and other geographical and political subdivisions
The terms place and location in geography are used to identify a point or an area on the Earth's surface or elsewhere. The term location generally implies a higher degree of certainty than place, the latter often indicating an entity with an ambiguous boundary, relying more on human or social attributes of place identity and sense of place than on geometry.
- Finland - Territory in northern Europe, ruled since 1917 by the Suomen tasavalta
- Florida - The Sunshine State
- France - Territory in western Europe, ruled since 1958 by the République Française
- Fairfax, Virginia - Seat of Fairfax county, incorporated 1892, suburb of Washington, D.C.
- Fiji - Islands in the southwest Pacific Ocean, ruled since 1987 by the Matanitu ko Viti
The introductory paragraph uses material from the Wikipedia article "Location" as of 12 Sep 2018, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.