The terms place and location in geography are used to identify a point or an area on the Earth's surface or elsewhere. The term location generally implies a higher degree of certainty than place, the latter often indicating an entity with an ambiguous boundary, relying more on human or social attributes of place identity and sense of place than on geometry.
- Gambia, The - Territory in west Africa, ruled since 1970 by the Republic of The Gambia
- Georgia - Territory in northwest Asia, ruled since 1991 by the Sakartvelo
- Georgia - The Peach State - ratified Constitution 2 Jan 1788
- Germany - Territory in north central Europe, ruled since 1990 by the Bundesrepublik Deutschland
- Ghana - Territory in western Africa, ruled since 1992 by the Republic of Ghana
- Greece - Territory in southeast Europe, ruled since 1975 by the Elliniki Dhimokratia
- Guatemala - Territory in Central America, ruled since 1985 by the República de Guatemala
The introductory paragraph uses material from the Wikipedia article "Location" as of 12 Sep 2018, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.