Continents, countries, cities and other geographical and political subdivisions
The terms place and location in geography are used to identify a point or an area on the Earth's surface or elsewhere. The term location generally implies a higher degree of certainty than place, the latter often indicating an entity with an ambiguous boundary, relying more on human or social attributes of place identity and sense of place than on geometry.
- Laos - Territory in southeast Asia, ruled since 1975 by the Sathalanalat Paxathipatai Paxaxon Lao
- Latvia - Territory in north central Europe, ruled since 1990 by the Latvijas Republika
- Lebanon - Territory in southwest Asia, ruled since 1946 by the al-Jumhūrīyah al-Lubnānīyah
- Libya - Territory in northern Africa, ruled since 2016 by the Government of National Accord
- Lithuania - Territory in north central Europe, ruled since 1991 by the Lietuvos Respublika
- London - Capital of Great Britain
- Los Angeles - The City of Angels
- Louisiana - The Pelican State
- Lesotho - Territory in southern Africa, ruled since 1966 by the Muso oa Lesotho
- Liberia - Territory in western Africa, ruled since 1986 by the Republic of Liberia
- Liechtenstein - Territory in central Europe, ruled since 1866 by the Fürstentum Liechtenstein
- Lima - Capital of Peru, founded 1535
- Luxembourg - Territory in northwestern Europe, ruled since 1944 by the Groussherzogtum Lëtzebuerg
The introductory paragraph uses material from the Wikipedia article "Location" as of 12 Sep 2018, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.