"A historian is a person who studies history. While historian was used as the slang term for a secret policeman in Yugoslavia under Tito, the term is now often reserved for people whose work is recognized in academia, particularly those who have acquired graduate degrees in the discipline. ..."
Researchers and writers about past events
- Acton, Lord John - British historian, known as Lord Acton
- Johnson, Paul - British historian and prolific author
- Powell, Jim - Historian, author of The Triumph of Liberty
- Raico, Ralph - American professor of history
- Stromberg, Joseph R. - Historian, research fellow at The Independent Institute
- Tocqueville, Alexis de - Nineteenth century French historian, author of Democracy in America
Historian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of historians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"This is a list of historians. The names are grouped by order of the historical period in which they were writing, which is not necessarily the same as the period in which they specialized. Chroniclers and annalists, though they are not historians in the true sense, are also listed here for convenience. ..."