The Atlantic Ocean is the second-largest of the world's oceans, with an area of about 106,460,000 square kilometers. It covers approximately 20 percent of the Earth's surface and about 29 percent of its water surface area. It separates the "Old World" from the "New World".
- Bahamas, The - Group of islands in the Atlantic Ocean, ruled since 1973 by the Monarchy of the Bahamas
- British Isles - Group of islands on the Atlantic Ocean, off the northwest coast of Europe
- Cuba - Island in the Caribbean Sea, ruled since 1959 by the República de Cuba
- Dominican Republic - Territory in the island of Hispaniola in the Caribbean Sea, ruled since 1961 by the República Dominicana
- Haiti - Territory in the island of Hispaniola in the Caribbean Sea, ruled since 1991 by the République d'Haïti
- Iceland - Island in the north Atlantic Ocean, ruled since 1944 by the Lýðveldið Ísland
- Ireland, Republic of - Territory in the island of Ireland in the northern Atlantic Ocean, ruled since 1937 by the Poblacht na hÉireann
- Jamaica - Island in the Caribbean Sea, ruled since 1962 by the Monarchy of Jamaica
- Trinidad and Tobago - Islands in the southwest West Indies, ruled since 1962 by the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom - Island territories in western Europe, ruled since 1921 by the Monarchy of the United Kingdom
The introductory paragraph uses material from the Wikipedia article "Atlantic Ocean" as of 02 Oct 2018, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.