North America is a continent entirely within the Northern Hemisphere and almost all within the Western Hemisphere; it is also considered by some to be a northern subcontinent of the Americas. It is bordered to the north by the Arctic Ocean, to the east by the Atlantic Ocean, to the west and south by the Pacific Ocean, and to the southeast by South America and the Caribbean Sea.
- America, Central - Isthmus joining North and South America
- Canada - Territory in northern North America, ruled since 1982 by the Monarchy of Canada
- Costa Rica - Territory in Central America, ruled since 1949 by the República de Costa Rica
- El Salvador - Territory in Central America, ruled since 1983 by the República de El Salvador
- Guatemala - Territory in Central America, ruled since 1985 by the República de Guatemala
- Honduras - Territory in northern Central America, ruled since 1982 by the República de Honduras
- Mexico - Territory in south central North America, ruled since 1917 by the Estados Unidos Mexicanos
- Nicaragua - Territory in Central America, ruled since 1987 by the República de Nicaragua
- Panama - Territory in south Central America, ruled since 1903 by the República de Panama
- United States - Territory in central and northwest North America, ruled since 1788 by the United States of America
The introductory paragraph uses material from the Wikipedia article "North America" as of 25 Sep 2018, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.