The Americas (also collectively called America; French: Amérique, Spanish/Portuguese: América) comprise the totality of the continents of North and South America. Together, they make up most of the land in Earth's western hemisphere and comprise the New World.
- America, Central - Isthmus joining North and South America
- America, Latin - The Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking regions of the Americas
- America, North - Continent occupying the northern part of the Western Hemisphere
- America, South - Continent occupying the Western Hemisphere south of the Isthmus of Panama
- Indies, West - The islands of the Caribbean
The introductory paragraph uses material from the Wikipedia article "Americas" as of 20 Sep 2018, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.